Skip to main content

Featured

Peanut butter brownies GLUTEN-FREE

In Italy we don't have something similar to brownies, we have cakes but I never ate something comparable to a cake and at the same time so moist inside without adding any cream. The first time I tasted one, I was confused by the texture and even thought it was raw. The great thing about brownies is their "fudginess." It has to melt in your mouth when you bite it to be considered a good one, or at least to be a good one for me. Sometimes I forget people can have different tastes than mine. After reading tons of recipes, watching videos, and trying several recipes, the recipe below is definitely my favorite. It is easy, gooey, delicious, and so mouthwatering that I would make it every day. Even though I am eating a piece of brownie I made at the moment, I want to ensure you that I am not biased on my choice. Simply, I couldn't resist, and neither might you after taste you taste it!!! Without further ado, here's the recipe.    INGREDIENTS 2 tbsp cocoa powder 40 grams

Sicilian Brioche GLUTEN-FREE



There is only one way to start the morning in a good mood on a hot summer day in Sicily, and it is with a delicious brioche with granita/ice cream! I ate so many of them that I've lost count. That's why I felt the need to make my own gluten-free brioche in the USA. 

After several failed tests, I was able to make the perfect brioche, even better than what I had at home, and this made me so proud of myself, about my brioche, and about my baking ability. It was more difficult because I use only natural flours. How I already said the result is amazing, but don't take my words for granted, try it for yourself and let me know what you think.

Without further ado, let's go to the recipe.

INGREDIENTS FOR 4 BRIOCHES

70 gr of rice flour
40 gr of tapioca flour
40 gr cornstarch
120 gr of milk
6 gr of  baking powder
8 gr of psyllium husk powder
1 gr of xantham gum
6 gr of active dry yeast
25 gr of sugar
25 gr of honey
30 gr of butter
1 egg + 1 egg yolk for basting
1 tsp of vanilla
lemon zest
4 gr of salt

PROCEDURE

Warm the milk put half of it in a bowl with yeast and honey. Let it sit for 10 minutes.

Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk them together. 

Add the egg, then the milk with the yeast and honey, and the remaining milk. 

Warm the butter, add the vanilla and the lemon zest. Whisk until well combined and add the salt for the last minute. 

Make the dough in a ball shape, cover, and let it rise for 1 hour. Not until it doubles. 

Wet your hands with oil or cooking spray, weigh 100 grams of dough and make it in a smooth spheric shape. 

Let it rise for 2 hours, brush the top with egg yolk and a drop of milk. 

Cook it at 365°F for 20 minutes.

Let it cool on a baking rack until warm but manageable. Cut them in a pocket shape, just don't cut them all the way through, and fill them with your favorite ice cream. 

Enjoy!!!






















Comments

  1. Thanks for providing recent updates regarding the concern, I look forward to read more. خبز البرجر

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts