Skip to main content

Featured

Peanut butter brownies GLUTEN-FREE

In Italy we don't have something similar to brownies, we have cakes but I never ate something comparable to a cake and at the same time so moist inside without adding any cream. The first time I tasted one, I was confused by the texture and even thought it was raw. The great thing about brownies is their "fudginess." It has to melt in your mouth when you bite it to be considered a good one, or at least to be a good one for me. Sometimes I forget people can have different tastes than mine. After reading tons of recipes, watching videos, and trying several recipes, the recipe below is definitely my favorite. It is easy, gooey, delicious, and so mouthwatering that I would make it every day. Even though I am eating a piece of brownie I made at the moment, I want to ensure you that I am not biased on my choice. Simply, I couldn't resist, and neither might you after taste you taste it!!! Without further ado, here's the recipe.    INGREDIENTS 2 tbsp cocoa powder 40 grams

Quick, healthy fruit crumble GLUTEN-FREE




 I know it is difficult to believe, but sometimes I eat healthy food too. This doesn't mean that I give up on taste. I need the food I eat to be good so I can go through my days as a happy person, bad food makes me grumpy and irritable all day long. Certainly, that sounds pretentious, not always it is possible to have what make you happy, but I come from a Sicilian family where I was fed amazing food every single time my mother cooked. I would say it is her "fault" if I am what I am today. Anyway, talking about the recipe is very easy to make because you can add or change the ingredients if you don't like something or you don't have them at home at the moment, and so delicious that you will regret not having prepared more. 

INGREDIENTS

Fruit mixture

Two apples 

1 cup frozen or fresh berries

1/2 unsweetened coconut milk

1 tbsp maple sugar

Spices (such as cinnamon, nutmeg, orange peel)

1 tsp vanilla extract

 

Crumble topping

3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats

1/3 unsweetened coconut milk

2 tbsp maple sugar

Spices 


PROCEDURE


Preheat the oven to 400°F

 

Peel and dice two apples (I used honey crisp); add to a medium-sized mixing bowl.  Add a cup of frozen or fresh berries (for this recipe, I used frozen blueberries).  

 

In a small bowl or cup, mix together 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut milk, 1 tbsp maple sugar, and a mix of spices per your taste (I used cinnamon, nutmeg, dried orange peel, and vanilla extract).   

 

Pour mixture over fruit and mix.  Evenly spread fruit mixture in a non-stick 8x8in pan sprayed with cooking spray.

 

Mix 3/4 cup gluten-free oats with 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 2 tbsp maple sugar, and more spices to taste.  Crumble oats over fruit mixture.

 

Bake for 35 – 40 minutes. Enjoy freshly out of the oven or cold!

Comments

Popular Posts